Environment protection approvals and licences


This page has information for contractors who need an environment protection licence to dispose of septage or grease trap waste.

How to apply for a licence

To apply for an environment protection licence follow these steps.

Step 1. Read the application for an environment protection licence user guide. To get the guide go to the NT Environment Protection Authority website.

Step 2. Create an NT EPA Online account.

Step 3. Create a new application.

Step 4. Submit your application and pay the fee.

You can pay by credit card when you submit your application.

After you apply

It can take up to three months for your licence to be processed.

This will vary based on the information you give with the application and how complex your proposed activity is.

Renew, transfer or amend your licence

You can renew, transfer, amend or revoke a condition of your environment protection licence using NT EPA Online.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 14 July 2020

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!