Utopia is a region covering about 50002 kilometres of land north east of Alice Springs.
It comprises several large and small communities, with a population of 517 residents.
2017 jobs profile
The 2017 profile highlights:
- there were 135 filled jobs, of which:
- 79 jobs (59%) were filled by Aboriginal peoples
- 56 jobs (41%) were filled by non-Aboriginal peoples
- 32% of employed Aboriginal peoples are working in the private sector
- Aboriginal females made up 53% of total Aboriginal filled jobs
- there were 31 vacant jobs, of which:
- job vacancies as a percentage of jobs was 19%
- job vacancies equate to one in five jobs
- 19 of the vacancies were in community and personal service workers and professional areas.
- Education and training was the largest industry employer in 2017 with 46 filled jobs, followed by health care and social assistance with 36.
- Building and construction was the largest training activity sector in 2016 with 26 students, followed by general education and training with 22.
Read the full 2017 job profile report for Utopia.
The community workplace planning guide consists of tools and resources to assist service providers to overcome workforce challenges in remote Aboriginal communities. Find out more about remote community workforce plans.
Last updated: 07 November 2018
Share this page:URL copied!