Ramingining is located to the west of the Glyde River about 30 kilometres south-east of Milingimbi Island.
It has a population of 1,007 residents.
2017 jobs profile
The 2017 profile highlights:
- there were 253 filled jobs, of which:
- 204 jobs (81%) were filled by Aboriginal peoples, an increase of 85 jobs from 2014
- 49 jobs (19%) were filled by non-Aboriginal peoples, a decrease of two jobs from 2014
- 63% of employed Aboriginal peoples are working in the private sector
- Aboriginal peoples accounted for 81% of job holders in the town compared to 70% in 2014
- Aboriginal females made up 39% of total Aboriginal filled jobs in the town compared to 45% in 2014
- there were 13 vacant jobs, of which:
- job vacancies as a percentage of jobs decreased to 5% in 2017 from 7% in 2014
- job vacancies equate to one in 20 jobs
- seven of the vacancies were in community and personal service workers areas.
- Retail trade continues to be the largest industry employer over the three survey periods.
- Public administration and safety had the highest increase in filled jobs between 2017 and 2014.
- Construction had 30 filled jobs in 2017, despite recording no filled jobs in 2014 and 2011.
- Training had a decrease of 61 student numbers between 2016 and 2013.
- Building and construction had the highest student numbers in 2016.
- Engineering and mining and primary industry training sectors both recorded the highest decrease of 28 student numbers between 2016 and 2013.
Read the full 2017 job profile report for Ramingining.
Past job profiles
The community workplace planning guide consists of tools and resources to assist service providers to overcome workforce challenges in remote Aboriginal communities. Find out more about remote community workforce plans.
The community workplace planning guide can be used with the workforce planning template for Ramingining . This template is populated with data from the 2014 remote town job profiles.
Last updated: 07 November 2018
Share this page:URL copied!