Pirlangimpi is located on Melville Island which is about 100 kilometres north of Darwin.
It has a population of 424 residents.
2017 jobs profile
The 2017 profile highlights:
- there were 107 filled jobs, of which:
- 89 jobs (83%) were filled by Aboriginal peoples
- 18 jobs (17%) were filled by non-Aboriginal peoples
- 49% of employed Aboriginal peoples are working in the private sector
- Aboriginal females made up 53% of total Aboriginal filled jobs
- there were 13 vacant jobs, of which:
- job vacancies as a percentage of jobs was 11%
- job vacancies equate to one in 10 jobs
- nine of the vacancies were in labouring and community and personal service workers areas.
- Retail trade was the largest industry employer with 38 filled jobs in 2017, followed by public administration and safety with 31.
- Building and construction was the largest training activity section in 2016 with 32 students.
Read the full 2017 job profile report for Pirlangimpi.
The community workplace planning guide consists of tools and resources to assist service providers to overcome workforce challenges in remote Aboriginal communities. Find out more about remote community workforce plans.
Last updated: 07 November 2018
Share this page: