Mutitjulu is located inside the boundary of the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park 460 kilometres south west of Alice Springs.
It has a population of 1,584 residents.
2017 jobs profile
The 2017 profile highlights:
- there were 181 filled jobs, of which:
- 78 jobs (43%) were filled by Aboriginal peoples
- 103 jobs (57%) were filled by non-Aboriginal peoples
- 70% of employed Aboriginal peoples are working in the private sector
- Aboriginal females made up 42% of total Aboriginal filled jobs
- there were 14 vacant jobs, of which:
- job vacancies as a percentage of jobs is 8%
- job vacancies equate to one in 14 jobs
- five vacancies were in the professional areas.
- Arts and recreation services was the largest industry employer in 2017 with 62 filled jobs, followed by health care and social assistance with 49.
- Business and clerical was the largest training activity sector in 2016, with 39 students, followed by arts, entertainment, sports and recreation with 30.
Read the full 2017 job profile report for Mutitjulu.
The community workplace planning guide consists of tools and resources to assist service providers to overcome workforce challenges in remote Aboriginal communities. Find out more about remote community workforce plans.
Last updated: 07 November 2018
Share this page: