Maningrida is located about 500 kilometres east of Darwin, and 300 kilometres north east of Jabiru, with access by sealed and dirt road.
Maningrida is on the north central Arnhem Land coast of the Arafura Sea.
It has a population of 2,646 residents.
2017 jobs profile
The 2017 profile highlights:
- there were 423 filled jobs, of which:
- 244 jobs (58%) were filled by Aboriginal peoples, an increase of two jobs from 2014
- 179 jobs (42%) were filled by non-Aboriginal peoples, an increase of 23 jobs from 2014
- 41% of employed Aboriginal peoples are working in the private sector
- Aboriginal peoples accounted for 58% of job holders in the town compared to 61% in 2014
- Aboriginal females made up 42% of total Aboriginal-filled jobs in the town compared to 38% in 2014.
- there were 66 vacant jobs, of which:
- job vacancies as a percentage of jobs increased to 13% in 2017 from 9% in 2014
- job vacancies equate to one in seven jobs
- 33 of the vacancies were in professional and clerical and administrative workers areas.
- Administrative and support services was the largest industry employer with 92 jobs filled. This is despite having no jobs filled in 2014 and 2011, followed by education and training with 82 jobs filled.
- Public administration and safety had a decrease in 142 jobs filled between 2017 and 2014.
- Training had an overall decrease in student numbers across the three surrey periods, with the largest decrease of 28 students in building and construction between 2016 and 2013.
- Community services, health and education were the largest training activity sectors in 2016, with an increase of 52 student numbers in 2016.
- New training activity in 2016, business and clerical was delivered to 10 students. This training area was not delivered in 2013 and 2010.
Read the full 2017 job profile report for Maningrida.
Past job profiles
The community workplace planning guide consists of tools and resources to assist service providers to overcome workforce challenges in remote Aboriginal communities. Find out more about remote community workforce plans.
The community workplace planning guide can be used with the workforce planning template for Maningrida . This template is populated with data from the 2014 remote town job profiles.
Last updated: 07 November 2018
Share this page: