Elliott is located about 390 kilometres north of Alice Springs and 170 kilometres south of Tennant Creek.
It has a population of 563 residents.
2017 jobs profile
The 2017 profile highlights:
- there were 98 filled jobs, of which:
- 63 jobs (64%) were filled by Aboriginal peoples - an increase of nine jobs from 2014
- 35 jobs (36%) were filled by non-Aboriginal peoples - an increase of one job from 2014
- 39% of employed Aboriginal peoples are working in the public sector
- Aboriginal peoples made up 64% of job holders in the town compared to 61% in 2014
- Aboriginal females made up 46% of total Aboriginal filled jobs in the town compared to 54% in 2014
- there were 22 vacant jobs, of which:
- job vacancies as a percentage of jobs was up by 18% in 2017 from 5% in 2014
- job vacancies equate to one in five jobs
- 19 of the vacancies were in community and personal service workers, labourers, and clerical and administrative workers areas
- Public administration and safety industry continues to be the largest industry employer over the three survey periods. This is despite a decrease of 10 filled jobs over this time.
- The construction industry filled 14 jobs in 2016 after recording no jobs in 2011 and 2014.
- Training had a decrease in student numbers between 2013 and 2016, with the largest decrease of 19 students in the primary industry.
- Transport and storage was the largest training activity sector in 2016, followed by business and clerical.
- Transport and storage, a new training activity in 2016, was delivered to 12 students. This training area was not delivered in 2013 and 2010.
Read the full 2017 job profile report for Elliott.
Past job profiles
The community workplace planning guide consists of tools and resources to assist service providers to overcome workforce challenges in remote Aboriginal communities. Find out more about remote community workforce plans.
The community workplace planning guide can be used with the workforce planning template for Elliott . This template is populated with data from the 2014 remote town job profiles.
Last updated: 26 February 2019