Angurugu is located on Groote Eylandt about 640 kilometres east-south-east of Darwin and a half hour flight south of Gove.
It has a population of 966 residents.
2017 jobs profile
The 2017 profile highlights:
- there were 180 filled jobs, of which:
- 92 jobs (51%) were filled by Aboriginal peoples - a decrease of two jobs from 2014
- 88 jobs (49%) were filled by non-Aboriginal peoples - an increase of 28 jobs from 2014
- 26% of employed Aboriginal peoples are working in the private sector
- Aboriginal peoples made up 51% of job holders in the town compared to 61% in 2014
- Aboriginal females made up 62% of total Aboriginal filled jobs in the town compared to 55% in 2014.
- there were 15 vacant jobs, of which:
- job vacancies as a percentage of jobs decreased to 8% in 2017 from 17% in 2014
- job vacancies equate to one in 13 jobs
- eight of the vacancies were in the clerical and administrative and professional areas.
- Education and training was the largest industry employer, with an increase in 12 filled jobs compared to 2014.
- The construction industry had the greatest increase in filled jobs - 39 compared to 2014.
- Training had a decrease of 109 student numbers between 2013 and 2016 with the largest decrease, 50, in the primary industry training sector.
- Community services, health and education were the largest training activity sectors. However, it had a decrease of 53 student numbers between 2013 and 2016.
Read the full 2017 job profile report for Angurugu.
Past job profiles
The community workplace planning guide consists of tools and resources to assist service providers to overcome workforce challenges in remote Aboriginal communities. Find out more about remote community workforce plans.
The community workplace planning guide can be used with the workforce planning template for Angurugu . This template is populated with data from the 2014 remote town job profiles.
Last updated: 07 November 2018
Share this page:URL copied!