Fire safety at home
Clothes dryers can catch fire.
To lower the chance of a fire when using a clothes dryer, you should:
- always follow the manufacturer’s instructions, especially when you install it
- not overload it
- not put dripping-wet clothes in it
- clean the lint filter after every use
- not turn on the dryer and then leave the house
- not put clothes or other items on or around the dryer
- make sure the area where the dryer is being used is well ventilated
- not use the dryer if it is making unusual noises, for example rubbing or grinding sounds, or if the timer is not working properly.
Last updated: 01 March 2016
Share this page:URL copied!