NT Rego app
NT Rego is a free official NT government app for your smartphone or tablet.
With the app, you can:
- check the registration status of any NT registered vehicle
- renew and manage your NT vehicle registration
- set a reminder for when renewal and inspections are due
- find your nearest authorised inspector and call them from the app
- submit your vehicle inspection report
- book a vehicle inspection at the Darwin inspection facility
- renew your NT driver licence
- update your contact details
- request to have your renewal notices sent by SMS or email
- find a nearby MVR office.
To check your NT rego, you must enter the characters and numbers on your number plate, for example CA11AA.
For plates with leading characters, you must also enter the characters before the number.
If you're checking a:
- trailer plate - use the leading character 'T', for example TA3456
- WWII plate - use the leading characters 'WWII', for example WWII956
- commercial passenger vehicle plate - use the leading characters ‘TAXI’ and ‘MO’, for example TAXI956 and MO1956
- club registration plate - use the leading characters 'CLUB', for example CLUBOLDCAR
- pastoral vehicle registration plate - use the leading character 'P', for example P1234.
If you can't find what you're looking for, call the MVR Contact Centre on 1300 654 628.
Last updated: 14 October 2020
Share this page: