NT Rego app
NT Rego is a free official NT government app for your smartphone or tablet.
With the app, you can:
- check the registration status of any NT registered vehicle
- renew and manage your NT vehicle registration
- set a reminder for when renewal and inspections are due
- find your nearest authorised inspector and call them from the app
- submit your vehicle inspection report
- book a vehicle inspection at the Darwin inspection facility
- renew your NT driver licence
- update your contact details
- request to have your renewal notices sent by SMS or email
- find a nearby MVR office.
You should only enter the letters and numbers. Using the plate number example below you need to enter CA11AA.
When checking your trailer's registration, remember to put the letter 'T' before the number. For example the below plate would be TA3456.
When checking your pastoral vehicle registration, remember to put the letter 'P' before the number - eg: P1234.
Search for World War II plates
If your plate has a World War II prefix, you should enter the prefix before the number. Using the plate number example below you need to enter WWII956.
Commercial passenger vehicles
You need to enter the prefix followed by the plate number. Using the examples below you should enter TAXI956 and MO1956.
Details of all currently registered, and recently expired NT plated vehicles can be searched.
If you can't find what you're looking for, contact the MVR call centre on 1300 654 628.
You can only search NT registered vehicles on the app. You will need to contact the relevant state or territory's vehicle registration authority to search for an interstate plate number.
Last updated: 31 January 2020