NT Rego app
NT Rego is a free official NT government app for your smartphone or tablet.
With the app, you can:
- check the registration status of any NT registered vehicle
- renew and manage your NT vehicle registration
- set a reminder for when renewal and inspections are due
- find your nearest authorised inspector and call them from the app
- submit your vehicle inspection report
- renew your NT driver licence
- change your contact details
- ask to have your renewal notices emailed to you
- find a nearby MVR office.
When checking your trailer's registration, remember to put the letter 'T' before the number - eg: TA3456.
When checking your pastoral vehicle registration, remember to put the letter 'P' before the number - eg: P1234.
How to get the app
The app is compatible with:
- Android devices, version 2.3 or later
- iPhones, iPod touch and iPads with iOS 6.0 or later
How to enter plate numbers in the app
You should only enter the letters and numbers. Using the plate number example below you need to enter CA11AA. If you are checking a trailer plate use the leading character 'T'. For example the below plate would be TA3456.
Search for World War II plates
If your plate has a World War II prefix, you should enter the prefix before the number. Using the plate number example below you need to enter WWII956.
Commercial passenger vehicles
You need to enter the prefix followed by the plate number. Using the examples below you should enter TAXI956 and MO1956.
Details of all currently registered, and recently expired NT plated vehicles can be searched.
If you can't find what you're looking for, contact the MVR call centre on 1300 654 628.
You can only search NT registered vehicles on the app. You will need to contact the relevant state or territory's vehicle registration authority to search for an interstate plate number.
Last updated: 28 November 2017