Bus fares and concessions
|Fare option||Travel option||Full fare||Concession fare||Ticket type|
|Single||Unlimited bus travel for 3 hours from purchase||$3||$1||Paper ticket|
|Daily||Unlimited bus travel until the last service of the day||$7||$2||Paper ticket|
|Flexi Trip||10 trips - each trip permits unlimited bus travel for 3 hours. Card does not expire.||$20||$7||Tap and Ride card|
|Weekly||Unlimited bus travel for 7 days including the day of purchase. Valid until the last service of the seventh day.||$20||$7||Tap and Ride card|
You are entitled to a concession fare in the Northern Territory (NT) if you hold one of the following valid cards:
- Seniors Card
- Pensioners and Carers Card
- Health Care Card
- student ID card - see below.
You can use a valid student ID card from the following education institutions:
- primary, middle and high schools
- TAFE - Technical and Further Education institutes
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) course providers.
Your education institution must be registered with the Australian Government for your card to be valid.
To find out more about registered education institutions go to the training.gov.au website.
Information for education providers
ID cards you provide to students must show:
- a photo of the student
- your institution’s registered name
- an expiry date.
Travel on the NT's public buses in Darwin and Alice Springs is free for all of the following people:
- veterans who have a Veterans' Affairs Gold card
- people who have a Vision Impaired Travel Pass
- Companion Card holders and their companions
- NT school students
- children under five
- people who are unable to use the ticketing system due to significant permanent disability.
Conditions of free travel
Students must wear their school uniform or show their valid student ID if requested.
Only Australian state, territory or federal government issued cards are accepted.
For general bus enquiries or feedback call (08) 8924 7666, Monday to Friday, 6.45am to 4:30pm or submit your feedback online.