Bus alerts and route changes
This page has the latest information on unexpected or temporary changes to bus routes and timetables.
Follow NT Buses on Facebook for the latest news and updates.
Palmerston Public Transport Network Changes
The Northern Territory Government is delivering improved public transport services in Palmerston to keep pace with the growth of the city, with expanded services planned for Zuccoli, Durack Heights and Palmerston Regional Hospital.
Community and passenger feedback is sought regarding proposed service changes.
The first stage of the proposed changes affects bus Routes 74 and 77. It is proposed that these changes would begin in early 2018;
- A new stop will be installed on Zuccoli Parade to improve access to the Zuccoli Aspire development.
- The route will now also travel in both directions on Farrar Boulevard.
- Additional stops will be installed on the outbound lane of Farrar Boulevard.
- Additional route 74 services including running later into the evening.
- A range of minor timetable changes to both routes 74 and 77 (please see proposed new timetables below).
- Removal of the stop at Palmerston Health Precinct. The Palmerston Bus Interchange is available within a 200m walk. A pre-booked shuttle bus service is available for people who cannot walk this distance, need assistance or are unable to utilise Public Transport.
- Removal of the Palmerston Indigenous Village bus stop from Route 74, and add this stop to the Route 77 route. This allows route 74 to travel in both directions on Farrar Boulevard and provides additional services to the Palmerston Indigenous Village.
- Removal of the Yarrawonga stops on Route 74 and replace it with a shuttle service (route 78) to and from Palmerston Bus Interchange to meet current passenger demand.
Please see the proposed routes and timetables below:
For comparison, the current routes and timetables can be viewed here.
Further changes are planned to start mid 2018 to provide new bus services to the Palmerston Regional Hospital and Durack Heights. Further information and consultation regarding these services will occur closer to the start date.
Feedback is welcome on the proposed changes. Consultation is open from Friday 1 December 2017 until Friday January 12 2018.
To submit feedback please use the online feedback form or call (08) 8924 7666 Monday to Friday, 6:45am to 4:30pm.
Palmerston College school bus routes and times
Rosebery Middle School and Palmerston Senior College are now forming a dual campus Palmerston College from Term 1, 2018. This means both campuses will now have the same start and finish times, due to this there have been various changes to school bus routes and times. For more information please view the factsheets.
Last updated: 23 February 2018