Apply to use your vehicle for ridesharing
To apply to use your private vehicle for ridesharing services in the Northern Territory (NT) you must follow these steps:
Step 1. Meet the vehicle maintenance requirements.
Step 2. Fill in the online application.
Step 3. Pay the licence fee and insurance.
Read below for further information.
Step 1: Meet the vehicle maintenance requirements
Your vehicle must meet the following requirements:
- comply with all NT ridesharing in-service maintenance standards
- be nine years old or under
- pass a roadworthy inspection no longer than six weeks before you applied for a licence.
Step 2: Fill in the online application
To apply you will need to fill in the commercial vehicle licence online form.
Step 3: Pay the licence fee and insurance
If your vehicle is approved you must pay:
- the $300 annual commercial vehicle licence fee
- additional motor accident compensation insurance part of the vehicle registration.
You will get an email telling you what fees you need to pay and how to pay them.
If your application is successful
If your online application is successful you will get a rideshare Commercial Vehicle Licence certificate and a label to show your vehicle has been approved for ridesharing.
You will need to do the following:
- display the label on your vehicle - read the ridesharing in-service vehicle maintenance standards to find out where the label needs to go
- keep records of all trips you have taken as a ridesharing transport service. For more information read the ridesharing regulations
- ensure drivers are insured for any injury that happens while they are ridesharing
- ensure you and your driver meet approved Communications and Dispatch Networks requirements.