Apply for communication and dispatch network approval
You can apply for a communications and dispatch network approval to control, coordinate or communicate with commercial passenger vehicles.
Before you apply
You will need to submit all of the following:
- a national police certificate from Screening Assessment for Employment in the Northern Territory (SAFE NT) dated within 3 months
- an insolvency report dated within six weeks and supplied by an approved index service agent - for more information go to the Australian Government's Australian Financial Security Authority website.
- an application to operate a communications and dispatch network form
- provide evidence that relevant systems are in place to manage network obligations
- provide evidence of systems to ensure reporting requirements can be met.
You will need to pay a fee. Read about the dispatch network approval and other transport industry fees.
In some cases, local planning approvals and other approvals associated with operating a business may be required.
How to apply
Email your completed application to operate a communications and dispatch network form and other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can pay your fee by Visa or MasterCard by calling 1300 654 628.
You can send your application form, other documents with a cheque or money order to:
Motor Vehicle Registry
GPO Box 530
Darwin NT 0801
You can submit your completed form in person at a MVR office.
You can pay by Visa, MasterCard, EFTPOS, cash or cheque.