Apply for communication and dispatch network approval
You can apply for a communications and dispatch network approval to control, coordinate or communicate with commercial passenger vehicles.
Before you apply
You will need to submit all of the following:
- the online national police certificate form from Screening Assessment for Employment in the Northern Territory (SAFE NT) dated within six weeks
- an insolvency report dated within six weeks and supplied by an approved index service agent - for more information go to the Australian Government's Australian Financial Security Authority website.
- an application to operate a communications and dispatch network form
- provide evidence that relevant systems are in place to manage network obligations
- provide evidence of systems to ensure reporting requirements can be met.
You will need to pay fee. Read about the dispatch network approval and other transport industry fees.
In some cases, local planning approvals and other approvals associated with operating a business may be required.
How to apply
Email your completed application to operate a communications and dispatch network form and other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can pay your fee by Visa or MasterCard by calling 1300 654 628.
You can send your application form, other documents with a cheque or money order to:
Department of Transport
GPO Box 530
Darwin NT 0801
You can submit your completed form in person at a MVR office.
You can pay by Visa, MasterCard, EFTPOS, cash or cheque.