Grants for Seniors Month events
Community organisations and businesses can apply for funding to deliver events and activities during Seniors Month.
Who can apply
Your organisation must:
- be incorporated under the NT Associations Act 2003 or
- have an auspicing body that is incorporated under the NT Associations Act that is willing to accept responsibility for administration, reporting and acquittal of the grant on the applicant’s behalf.
Your business must be registered and hold a specific Seniors Month event.
Community organisations or businesses that have previously received Seniors Month grants must have satisfactorily used those grants to apply for another.
Requirements for your event
Your event must:
- celebrate older people and their continuing contribution
- encourage older people to live healthy and active lifestyles all year round
- demonstrate that older age can be a time of learning and adventure.
Funding won't be given for any of the following:
- usual club or business activities
- wages or salaries for course instructors or event facilitators in excess of 25 percent of the value of the grant
- events where participation is limited to members of particular groups
- purchase of capital equipment, for example, computers
- programs or activities that are political or discriminatory
- events that encourage gambling or the consumption of alcohol.
How to apply
Applications open in March.
You can apply on the GrantsNT website.
Last updated: 28 February 2019
Share this page:URL copied!