International Women's Day grants
International Women’s Day is celebrated around the world each year on 8 March to recognise the economic, political and social achievements of women.
If you are planning to hold an event to celebrate the day you can apply for a grant of up to $3,000 from the Office of Women's Policy to help run your event.
When you can apply
Applications for International Women's Day 2017 funding are now closed.
Who can apply
You must be one of the following:
- a resident of the NT
- an organisation based and registered in the NT.
You must also be able to show that you can contribute to the project through other funding or support, and that you can manage the project's budget.
Your project or event must do at least two of the following:
- promote women’s economic security
- promote women’s safety
- promote women’s health and wellbeing
- promote women in leadership and decision making.
Your project or event must also do all of the following:
- be in celebration of International Women's day through projects that encourage women's participation, celebrate women's diversity and achievement
- encourage reflection and discussion on a range of women's issues
- have a need for financial assistance
- have an itemised budget
- include an outline of how the activity will be promoted
- have identifiable objectives and outcomes
- be completed within the proposed time frame
- be a celebration of International Women’s Day
- educate the community about International Women’s Day
- encourage reflection and discussion of women’s issues
- show that the funds will result in a positive outcome and advance the social, political, economic or civil status of women in the NT.
Examples of projects that will not be given funding
Grants cannot be given or used for any of the following:
- political activity
- commercial or business activity
- projects already underway
- profit-making projects
- deficit budgets
- real estate purchases
- administration or management fees
- printing and stationery costs
- projects that are the same as existing events.
How to apply
Fill in your grant application and submit it by email, post or in person to:
Office of Women’s Policy
PO Box 40596
Casuarina NT 0881
Office of Women’s Policy
1st Floor RCG House
83-85 Smith Street
For help filling in your application or for more information on how to submit phone (08) 8999 8373.
After you apply
The Office of Women's Policy will contact you by January if you have been successful.
If you are successful you will have to sign a grant agreement.
This means you must complete the project funded by the grant under law.
When your project has finished
You must send all of the following documents to the Office of Women's Policy within six weeks of your event finishing:
- a written evaluation
- copies of promotional material
- receipts and invoices
- a filled in grant acquittal form from the Office of Women's Policy.