Grants for gender equality
International Women's Day grants
International Women’s Day is celebrated around the world each year on 8 March to recognise the economic, political and social achievements of women. Read more about International Women's Day.
If you are planning to hold an event to celebrate the day you can apply for a grant of up to $3,000 from the Office of Gender Equity and Diversity to help run your event.
Grants to support International Women’s Day 2021 open on 1 October and close on 11 November 2020.
You must be one of the following:
- a resident of the NT
- an organisation based and registered in the NT.
You must also be able to show that you can contribute to the project through other funding or support, and that you can manage the project's budget.
You can apply for funding for activities that do at least two of the following:
- celebrate International Women's Day
- celebrate women's diversity and social, political and economic achievements
- educate the community about International Women's Day
- encourage reflection and discussion about issues on gender inequality
- encourages community participation in International Women's Day.
Your project or event must also do all of the following:
- have a need for financial assistance
- have an itemised budget
- include an outline of how the activity will be promoted
- have identifiable objectives and outcomes
- be completed within the proposed time frame
- show that the funds will result in a positive outcome and advance the social, political, economic or civil status of women in the NT.
Grants cannot be given or used for any of the following:
- political activity
- commercial or business activity
- projects already underway
- profit-making projects
- deficit budgets
- real estate purchases
- administration or management fees
- printing and stationery costs
- projects that are the same as existing events.
Applications for International Women’s Day 2021 open on 1 October and close on 11 November 2020.
Grants are available through GrantsNT.
If you haven't created a profile on GrantsNT, you will need to set one up before applying for any grant.
You will receive an email when your application has been received.
It may take up to six weeks for your application to be assessed.
If you are successful you will have to sign a grant agreement.
This means you must complete the project funded by the grant under law.
You must send all of the following documents to the Office of Gender Equity and Diversity within six weeks of your event finishing:
- a written evaluation
- copies of promotional material
- receipts and invoices
- a filled in grant acquittal form from the Office of Gender Equity and Diversity.
Last updated: 29 September 2020
Share this page:URL copied!