Run a business from your public housing home
For your business to be approved, the following conditions must apply:
- your home continues to be used for residential purposes
- you get relevant licences, permits and approvals to run your business
- you hold adequate and relevant insurance
- your business income is declared to the Department of Housing
- the operation of your business follows planning requirements.
How the business impacts on your rental property will also be looked at.
How to apply
You must write a letter to the Department of Housing.
Include all of the following details:
- your name
- your home address
- type of business you want to run
- operating hours.
Documents you will need
If your application is successful you will also need to provide copies of all of the following:
- business registration
- your qualifications to carry out that business
- relevant insurance.
Submit your documents by email, mail or in person to your local housing office.
Your situation may be reassessed at any time and your approval may be withdrawn if you do not follow the conditions of approval.
Last updated: 24 September 2015