Repairs and maintenance of your public housing home

You must report anything broken or damaged in your home as soon as possible.

To keep your house safe, secure and pest free it is important to keep it in good condition.

How to report maintenance and repairs

You can report any of the following ways:

  • contact your local housing maintenance officer
  • visit your local housing office
  • call 1800 104 076.

You can also call any of the following numbers:

Phone: 08 8995 5122

Phone: 08 8987 0533

Phone: 08 8962 4558

Big Rivers (Katherine) 
Phone: 08 8973 8939

Central Australia 
Phone: 08 8951 5501

Report an urgent issue after hours

If you need to report an urgent repair or maintenance issue after hours, you should call the repairs and maintenance hotline on 1800 104 076. You will need to hold while your call is diverted to the after hours call centre.

What repairs you should report

Examples of items that may need to repair are:

  • blocked toilets
  • blocked drains
  • sewage leaks
  • leaking water mains and pipes
  • exposed electrical wires
  • gas leaks
  • dripping taps or taps that are tight to turn
  • stove elements that are not working
  • fans that are not working properly
  • power points that are not working.

What repairs you have to pay for

If you or someone else has damaged your home, you may have to pay for the repairs.

How long repairs will take

Some things will be fixed more quickly than others.

Things that are dangerous will be repaired first.

This includes any of the following:

  • blocked toilets
  • blocked drains
  • sewage leaks
  • leaking water mains and pipes
  • exposed electrical wires
  • gas leaks.

Who does the repair work

Local housing maintenance officers will do general repairs to your home.

Housing officers will organise a contractor to fix any repairs that need a qualified trade.

For more information contact your regional remote housing office.

Last updated: 15 January 2019

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.