Information for public housing tenants and people who want to apply for public housing.
- Apply for priority housing
Details on how to apply for priority public housing.
- Apply for public housing
How to apply for public housing, including who can apply, types of public housing and getting a formal offer.
- Start your public housing tenancy
Before you move into your public housing home, signing a tenancy agreement and property condition report.
- Contact your local housing office
Contact phone numbers and addresses for your local housing office.
- Feedback and complaints about public housing
How to complain or give feedback about public housing, including antisocial behaviour complaints.
- Public housing tenancy support programs
Help to resolve issues that can prevent you from getting or keeping a public housing tenancy.
- Funding to improve your remote public housing home
How to apply for the remote home ownership program bonus.
- How to buy your remote public housing home
Information about buying your remote public housing home, including what happens when you've bought your home.
- Remote public housing reference groups
The role of housing reference groups in your remote community.
- Working on remote public housing projects
How to get involved in working on a remote housing project, and the types of training available.
- Change or add to your public housing home
Getting permission to change or add to your public housing home, and what happens when you move out.
- Look after your public housing home
Guide to looking after your public housing home, including cleaning, bugs and pests.
- Repairs and maintenance of your public housing home
When and how to report maintenance and repairs of your public housing home.
- Appeal against a housing decision
How to appeal as a public housing tenant and what you can and can't appeal.
- Be a good neighbour in public housing
How to be a good neighbour in public housing, and what to do if you have a complaint about a neighbour.
- Pets in public housing
Conditions for keeping pets in public housing and how to complain about a pet.
- Public housing inspections
Inspections of your public housing home and what happens when you are told to repair your home.
- Run a business from your public housing home
Conditions and approvals for running a home business from your public housing home.
- Temporary vacancy of your public housing home
What happens if you need to leave your public housing home for more than 30 days, including caretaker tenancies.
- Visitors in public housing
How to apply for visitors to stay in your public housing home for longer than 14 days.
Find out if you are eligible for a rental rebate for your public housing home in the Northern Territory.
- Rent increases when you get a job
Information about the Employment Incentive Scheme and rent increases in public housing.
- How and when to pay your rent
Find out the different options for paying rent in Northern Territory public housing and when it must be paid.
- If you do not pay your rent or other bills
Rules for paying rent for public housing in the Northern Territory and what can happen if you don't pay.
- Maximum rent for houses in remote communities
How rent is charged for public housing in remote communities of the Northern Territory.
- Paying bond and other charges
Find out how your bond will be calculated if you are moving into a public housing property in the Northern Territory.