Information for public housing tenants and people who want to apply for public housing.
Apply for housing
- Apply for priority housing
Details on how to apply for priority public housing.
- Apply for public housing
How to apply for public housing, including who can apply, types of public housing and getting a formal offer.
- Start your public housing tenancy
Before you move into your public housing home, signing a tenancy agreement and property condition report.
Contacts and support services
- Contact your local housing office
Contact phone numbers and addresses for your local housing office.
- Feedback and complaints about public housing
How to complain or give feedback about public housing, including antisocial behaviour complaints.
- Public housing tenancy support programs
Help to resolve issues that can prevent you from getting or keeping a public housing tenancy.
Housing in remote communities
- Funding to improve your remote public housing home
How to apply for the remote home ownership program bonus.
- How to buy your remote public housing home
Information about buying your remote public housing home, including what happens when you've bought your home.
- Remote public housing reference groups
The role of housing reference groups in your remote community.
- Working on remote public housing projects
How to get involved in working on a remote housing project, and the types of training available.
How to buy your home
- How to buy your public housing home
Information about purchasing your public housing property.
Looking after your home
- Change or add to your public housing home
Getting permission to change or add to your public housing home, and what happens when you move out.
- Look after your public housing home
Guide to looking after your public housing home, including cleaning, bugs and pests.
- Repairs and maintenance of your public housing home
When and how to report maintenance and repairs of your public housing home.
Safety and security
- Safety and antisocial behaviour in public housing
Rules about antisocial behaviour, such as three strike policies, for people living or visitors in public housing.
- Fire safety and smoke alarms in public housing
Information about how you can prevent fires and check the smoke alarm in your public housing home.
Tennants: your rights and responsibilities
- Appeal against a housing decision
How to appeal as a public housing tenant and what you can and can't appeal.
- Be a good neighbour in public housing
How to be a good neighbour in public housing, and what to do if you have a complaint about a neighbour.
- Pets in public housing
Conditions for keeping pets in public housing and how to complain about a pet.
- Public housing inspections
Inspections of your public housing home and what happens when you are told to repair your home.
- Run a business from your public housing home
Conditions and approvals for running a home business from your public housing home.
- Temporary vacancy of your public housing home
What happens if you need to leave your public housing home for more than 30 days, including caretaker tenancies.
- Visitors in public housing
How to apply for visitors to stay in your public housing home for longer than 14 days.
Paying your rent in public housing
The cost of rent in public housing.
- Market rent
Information about how market rent is calculated for public housing in the Northern Territory.
Find out if you are eligible for a rental rebate for your public housing home in the Northern Territory.
- Rent increases when you get a job
Information about the Employment Incentive Scheme and rent increases in public housing.
- How and when to pay your rent
Find out the different options for paying rent in Northern Territory public housing and when it must be paid.
- If you do not pay your rent or other bills
Rules for paying rent for public housing in the Northern Territory and what can happen if you don't pay.
- Maximum rent for houses in remote communities
How rent is charged for public housing in remote communities of the Northern Territory.
- Paying bond and other charges
Find out how your bond will be calculated if you are moving into a public housing property in the Northern Territory.