Information for public housing tenants and people who want to apply for public housing.
- Apply for priority housing
Details on how to apply for priority public housing.
- Apply for public housing
How to apply for public housing, including who can apply, types of public housing and getting a formal offer.
- Start your public housing tenancy
Before you move into your public housing home, signing a tenancy agreement and property condition report.
- Contact your local housing office
Contact phone numbers and addresses for your local housing office.
- Feedback and complaints about public housing
How to complain or give feedback about public housing, including antisocial behaviour complaints.
- Public housing tenancy support programs
Help to resolve issues that can prevent you from getting or keeping a public housing tenancy.
- Funding to improve your remote public housing home
How to apply for the remote home ownership program bonus.
- Remote public housing reference groups
The role of housing reference groups in your remote community.
- Working on remote public housing projects
How to get involved in working on a remote housing project, and the types of training available.
- Change or add to your public housing home
Getting permission to change or add to your public housing home, and what happens when you move out.
- Look after your public housing home
Guide to looking after your public housing home, including cleaning, bugs and pests.
- Repairs and maintenance of your public housing home
When and how to report maintenance and repairs of your public housing home.
- Safety and antisocial behaviour in public housing
Rules about antisocial behaviour, such as three strike policies, for people living or visitors in public housing.
- Fire safety and smoke alarms in public housing
Information about how you can prevent fires and check the smoke alarm in your public housing home.
- Appeal against a housing decision
How to appeal as a public housing tenant and what you can and can't appeal.
- Be a good neighbour in public housing
How to be a good neighbour in public housing, and what to do if you have a complaint about a neighbour.
- Pets in public housing
Conditions for keeping pets in public housing and how to complain about a pet.
- Public housing inspections
Inspections of your public housing home and what happens when you are told to repair your home.
- Run a business from your public housing home
Conditions and approvals for running a home business from your public housing home.
- Temporary vacancy of your public housing home
What happens if you need to leave your public housing home for more than 30 days, including caretaker tenancies.
- Visitors in public housing
How to apply for visitors to stay in your public housing home for longer than 14 days.
- Paying your rent in public housing
How and when to pay your public housing rent, including information on market and rebated rent.