If something goes wrong with property sale

If you have a problem during the sale of a property between you, the seller, the real estate agent, conveyancer or solicitor you should read the agreement you have with them to see what your rights are.

You should try to sort out the problem by talking to them first.

If you can't resolve the problem you can make a complaint.

If you give any instructions you should ensure that they are in writing and keep a copy.

Getting out of a sale

You may have to pay money if you want to get out a contract to buy or sell a property that you have signed and the cooling-off period has passed.

This could include default costs and compensation to the seller.

The amount may depend on the loss suffered by the seller and the terms in the contract of sale.

You may also have to pay your own costs, such as fees to your conveyancer or solicitor.

Last updated: 23 March 2016

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!