Permits for mobile food/coffee vans
You must apply for a permit if you want to operate a mobile food/coffee van in a park or reserve in the Northern Territory (NT).
There are five types of permits available:
- single event permit – issued for a single occasion
- three months permit – issued for weekly operations for the duration three months
- six months permit – issued for weekly operations for the duration of six months
- annual permit – issued for weekly operations over the course of 12 months
- multi-year permit up to a maximum of three years.
Who can apply
To apply for a permit your business must:
- only sell food and/or drinks only
- no alcohol permitted
- have a registered business name, Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered with the NT Department of Health
- be self-sufficient with power, water supplies and waste
- have public and product liability insurance for at least $10 million
- show a public need for this service.
What you need
You must include the following in your application:
- detailed site plan of the proposed location
- type of mobile food/coffee van, include a photograph
- how you will be self-sufficient with power and water
- proposed generator use, where required
- operating days and times.
How to apply
To apply, follow these steps:
Step 1. Read the policy mobile food/coffee vans on parks and reserves policy and guidelines .
Step 2. Fill in the application.
Step 3. Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much your fee will be depends on the area you operate in.
Urban is within 30km radius of a city or town.
Remote is outside 30km radius of a city or town.
Read below for permit costs.
|Multi-year – two years||$4,500||$1,000|
|Multi-year –three years||$6,000||$2,000|
A security deposit of $1,000 applies to each permit, in addition to permit fees.
Parks and Wildlife Division
Jape Homemaker Village
Level 1 JHV2 356 Bagot Road
MILLNER NT 0810
PO Box 496
PALMERSTON NT 0831
Last updated: 30 June 2022
Share this page:URL copied!