Report suspected illegal fishing
If you see suspected illegal fishing in the Northern Territory (NT) you must report it.
You must report:
- anglers who have more than the fish possession limits
- people fishing in prohibited or closed areas
- nets or crab pots that are illegally set, or have no markings or floats
- suspicious sale of fish and crab species.
You must also report any other suspected illegal fishing whether you see it in person, on social media or elsewhere.
How to report
You can report any suspected illegal fishing activity by:
You should provide as much information as possible including:
- what you saw
- date and time
- where you were
- GPS coordinates and photographs if possible.
Last updated: 11 August 2021
Share this page:URL copied!