Report suspected illegal fishing
If you see suspected illegal fishing in the Northern Territory (NT) you must report it.
What to look out for
You must report any of these:
- anglers who have more than the fish possession limits
- people fishing in prohibited or closed areas
- nets or crab pots which are illegally set, or have no markings or floats
- suspicious sale of fish and crab species.
You must also report any other suspected illegal fishing whether you see it in person, in social media, or elsewhere.
How to report
To report illegal fishing you can phone the Fishwatch hotline on 1800 891 136 or use the reporting function in the free NT Fishing Mate app.
You should have the following information to report illegal fishing:
- what, when and where you saw it
- GPS coordinates if possible.
You should also take photos if possible.
Last updated: 07 February 2020