George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens
Children's playground and school groups
The playground at George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens features all of the following:
- a boundary fence
- a plant maze where children can play and explore
- a sandcastle fort where children can dig and build
- a beach along the creek where children can sit or explore the creek
- a bamboo ambush trail for games of hide and seek
- a climbing frame on a fallen tree that with a lookout over the playground
- a grassy area and a rolling hill for parents and children
- an orchard of exotic fruit so children can see where fruit comes from
- a palm jungle gym to explore
- play equipment and rockers shaped like dolphins and pelicans
- occasional organised children's activities - see events.
School groups in the gardens
School visits to the gardens are welcome.
Gardens staff can meet and greet school groups and provide guided walks and information.
Last updated: 21 September 2020
Share this page: