Tjuwaliyn (Douglas) Hot Springs Park
The thermal hot springs at Tjuwaliyn (Douglas) Hot Springs is this park's biggest drawcard.
You can experience a natural thermal hot springs treatment or head up or downstream for cooler pools.
The park is on the traditional lands of the Wagiman people and contains sacred sites.
The Wagiman women care for and work with Parks and Wildlife to manage the park and continue to perform ceremonies on the land.
They ask that men do not go near the sacred site.
Do not enter areas of the park closed for cultural and conservation reasons.
Ranger Station phone: 08 8999 3947
|Park sites||Access||Comments||Forecast opening|
|Tjuwaliyn (Douglas) Hot Springs Park||Closed|
This park is closed due to water supply issues. We are working with Traditional Owners and the Northern Land Council to resolve these issues. To find out more about this, go to the Department of Environment, Parks and Water Security website.
- swimming – in designated areas only
- information signs
- fire pits
- public toilets
- picnic area
- men are not permitted near the sacred site
- glass is not permitted in or near the river
- put your rubbish in the bin or take it with you
- stay on designated tracks and roads
- all cultural items and wildlife are protected
- pets are not permitted
- nets, traps and firearms are not permitted
- be careful with fire and light fires only in fireplaces provided
- use wood provided sparingly
- do not use soaps or detergents in the river bed
- camp only in designated areas
- generators are provided
- check that your vehicle is not transporting pests like weeds and cane toads.
- be aware that some parts of the river are very hot
- observe park safety signs
- carry and drink plenty of water
- wear a hat, sunscreen and insect repellent
- wear suitable clothing and footwear
- carry a first aid kit
- avoid strenuous activity during the heat of the day
- make sure your vehicle is well-maintained and equipped
- beware of theft, lock vehicles and secure valuables.
Last updated: 28 October 2020
Share this page:URL copied!