Arts peer nominations
Arts peers are people who use their knowledge and experience in the arts to advise the Northern Territory (NT) Government about arts or arts issues.
They do this by sitting on arts grant assessment panels or arts community consultation groups.
The list of arts peers is called the Arts NT Register of Peers. The current Arts NT Register of Peers has been approved by the Minister for Tourism and Culture for a three year term until 2020.
The register is reviewed annually and Arts NT will call for nominations once a year to ensure the register is refreshed and relevant.
Who can become a peer
You must be a resident of the NT to be nominated as an arts peer.
You must also be one of the following:
- specialist expertise in one or more art form
- work experience within an arts related profession, including marketing, production, arts management or arts administration
- an ability to participate in and contribute to panel processes
Nominations from peers with experience in Aboriginal arts practice, remote and regional arts practice, youth and disability sector knowledge are encouraged.
How to nominate a peer
The register is reviewed annually. Nominations have closed for this year.
Other considerations for choosing peers
All of the following are considered when arts peers are chosen:
- representation from both regional and remote areas
- representation from diverse areas of arts practice
- representation of diverse community cultural development skills
- level of involvement and existing networks within the community
- peers with experience in Aboriginal arts, youth arts and accessible arts
- representation from different language and cultural backgrounds
- peers who are reasonably free of potential conflict(s) of interest and who can provide balanced, informed opinions
Code of conduct
As a peer you must maintain confidentiality and not discuss any official matters outside formal meetings.
To ensure peer advice is broad, balanced and fair, peers must always declare a conflict of interest that can happen if a peer's decision is swayed by a private interest.
See more in the Arts NT Register of Peers guidelines.
If you have any questions or would like more information you can contact Arts NT on (08) 8999 8981.
Last updated: 05 March 2018