Quality of child care providers
This page has information on the National Quality Framework (NQF) which makes sure children have access to quality education and care services, the National Quality Standard which rates services and Quality Education and Care NT (QECNT) who monitor child care standards in the Northern Territory (NT).
National Quality Framework
The NQF regulates and ensures the quality of education and care services.
NQF assist families by:
- making sure services meet the needs of families
- providing parents with information about the quality of the services their children attend.
Learn more about the NQF on the ACECQA website.
What services are included
Services in scope of the NQF include:
- long day care
- Family Day Care
- three year old kindergarten
- outside school hours care, including vacation care.
The National Quality Standard
The NQF includes a National Quality Standard which rates services. The quality rating can help you decide the service that is best for your child.
Go to the ACECQA website for information on the National Quality Standard.
Quality Education and Care NT
Quality Education and Care NT (QECNT) is responsible for ensuring the National Quality Framework is applied in the NT.
The role of QECNT includes all of the following:
- approving child care services
- monitoring child care services
- rating the quality of services
- undertaking serious incident and complaint investigations.
Go to the Department of Education website for more information about QECNT.
You contact Quality Education and Care NT by either:
- phone (08) 8999 3561
- email: qualityecnt.DET@nt.gov.au
Last updated: 07 October 2015