Information for child care providers
Help with legal requirements
This page has information for child care providers about your regulatory authority, approval to operate a service and quality assessment and rating.
Quality Education and Care NT (QECNT)
Quality Education and Care NT (QECNT) regulates early childhood education and care services (including child care providers) in the Northern Territory under the National Quality Framework.
The role of QECNT includes:
- ensuring services comply with the law
- approving applications to operate a child care service
- quality rating of services against national standards
- incident and complaint investigation.
Approval and notification requirements
QECNT can assist you with any of the following:
- applying to become a registered provider of child care
- applying to operate a service or centre
- applying to become a certified supervisor
- notification of change of status, incidents or complaints.
Go to the national authority ACECQA website for more information on approval and notification requirements.
Quality assessment and rating
Childcare services are assessed and rated under the National Quality Framework (NQF).
QECNT undertakes the assessment and rating process in the Territory.
Go to the ACECQA website for more information on assessment and rating.
Read more about the National Quality Framework.
You can contact Quality Education and Care NT by either:
- phone: (08) 8999 3561
- email: email@example.com
Last updated: 02 November 2015