Discrimination is when you are treated differently or unfairly because of a characteristic about you, such as your:
- religious belief or activity
It is against the law to do this in certain areas of life, such as your workplace, and when accessing goods, services and facilities. Read the law.
Go to the Anti-Discrimination Commission website to find out more about:
- what you can do if you are discriminated against
- when and where it is unlawful
- training staff on discrimination
- preventing and managing discrimination.
Last updated: 17 August 2018