Territory Workforce Program
If you are a Northern Territory (NT) business, you can apply for funding for initiatives that support workforce development and training.
Funding is available for initiatives that:
- lead to employment
- help train and skill the workforce for business and industry.
The Territory Workforce Program (TWP) offers grants for projects that help increase participation and completion of apprenticeships and traineeships.
- pre-apprenticeships - short training programs that help prepare individuals for successful entry into an apprenticeship
- higher apprenticeships - on-the-job training combined with formal study leading to a diploma or advanced diploma
- other related training relevant to the needs of NT businesses and industry sectors.
Applications are open all year.
The program has three streams:
- apprenticeships and traineeships
- workforce development
- industry workforce strategies.
You can apply as a lead organisation if you are one of the following:
- industry association
- other organisation operating in the NT.
You must have a significant permanent presence in the NT and employ NT residents.
Government agencies may be eligible under special circumstances. The department will determine if you are eligible.
Registered training organisations and schools can partner with a lead organisation.
To apply for a TWP grant, follow these steps:
Step 1. Read the Territory Workforce Program guidelines.
Step 2. Contact Workforce NT to discuss your project proposal.
Step 3. Develop a business case.
Your business case must demonstrate the following:
- links to employment for industry workforce strategies and 70 per cent employment outcomes for workforce development projects
- expected employment outcomes, including upskilling and transitioning to new jobs
- innovative approaches to workforce development
- proposals which include nationally-recognised training components, unless otherwise agreed before the application is submitted
- evidence that the proposal is project ready
- evidence of market testing and market readiness.
Applications which provide co-contribution models will be highly considered.
Step 4. Submit your business case by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the program guidelines and how to apply, contact Workforce NT by calling 08 8935 7707.
Last updated: 26 February 2019