Petroleum Regulations 2020
On 1 January 2021, land access laws for petroleum activities in the Northern Territory (NT) changed.
All petroleum titleholders must follow the Petroleum Regulations 2020.
- requirements to notify landholders about preliminary activities and aerial surveys
- requiring a land access agreement to be reached before conducting regulated petroleum operations
- how parties can reach an agreement including tools, like mediation, to assist parties.
What you need to know
Find out how to:
- reach a land access agreement to carry out petroleum operations
- carry out preliminary activities and aerial surveys
You can also find out how to:
To find out more, contact Land Access.
Last updated: 14 May 2021
Share this page:URL copied!