Code of conduct for mineral explorers
If you want to carry out mineral exploration in the Northern Territory (NT), you must meet certain requirements.
This includes complying with the Mineral Titles Act 2010.
Before you begin, you should read the code of conduct for mineral explorers in the NT .
The code is voluntary. However, it can help you meet your mineral title and authorisation conditions when exploring on pastoral land.
It also explains:
- how to meet land access requirements
- what you need before you can start any activities including:
- all relevant approvals and
- necessary agreements
- how to apply responsible land use practices
- how to minimise environmental impacts
- your rights and obligations while considering the landowner’s rights.
Last updated: 10 February 2021
Share this page:URL copied!