Petroleum reserved blocks
A petroleum reserved block is an area where you cannot explore or drill for petroleum resources.
This is further outlined in the Petroleum Act, Section 9, Reservation of Blocks. Read the law.
The map below shows petroleum reserved blocks in the NT. Twelve reserved blocks are shown:
- RB2 West MacDonnell National Park
- RB4 Town of Katherine
- RB5 Town of Tennant Creek
- RB6 Town of Alice Springs
- RB51 Port of Darwin
- RB53 Marrakai Dam
- RB54 Bynoe Harbour
- RB55 Bradshaw
- RB56 Greater Darwin
- RB57 Dulcie Range National Park
- RB60 Warrai Dam
- RB66 Elsey National Park
- RB67 Nitmiluk National Park
- RB68 Darwin River Dam – Manton Dam Extension.
- RB69 – Watarrka National Park
Go to the STRIKE website for current granted petroleum titles or applications for petroleum titles.