Access geoscience information
Northern Territory Geological Survey publications and maps
NT Geological Survey (NTGS) produce a range of maps, datasets, reports and other publications about the geology, geophysics and commodities of the Northern Territory.
Products include all of the following:
- geological maps in 1:100000 and 1:250000 series with explanatory notes
- NT wide geophysical and geology maps 1:2500000 scale
- digital information packages including GIS data, 3D models and databases
- Hylogger data packages (HDP)
- geophysical data and imagerys.
You can access NTGS products using the following systems and services:
- search, download and request NTGS publications through GEMIS
- printed geological maps, printed stock of older products and DVD products can also be obtained by visiting the InfoCentre or using the online request form
- the printed product catalogue lists the products and has index maps showing available NTGS maps, GIS datasets and geophysical data. The catalogue is updated biannually
- a range of commodity fact sheets and resource maps are available from the COREwebsite
- search and download geological and geophysical data in online geoscience information systems.
Go to the Department of Primary Industry and Resources website for information about new publications.
Geology and Mineral Resources of the Northern Territory
The Geology and Mineral Resources of the Northern Territory is an essential reference book that covers the history of geology in the NT, commodities and detailed studies of each of the geological regions.
You can get email alerts of recently released geoscience products and related information through the NTGS Update alert service.
The alerts are issued quarterly, but ad hoc updates may be distributed.
Go to NTGS Update to subscribe to the service.
Last updated: 04 February 2020
Share this page: