Access geoscience information
Northern Territory Geological Survey publications and maps
NT Geological Survey (NTGS) produce maps, datasets, reports and other publications about the geology, geophysics and commodities of the Northern Territory (NT).
- geological maps in 1:100000 and 1:250000 series with explanatory notes
- NT wide geophysical and geology maps at 1:2500000 scale
- digital information packages including GIS data, 3D models and databases
- Hylogger data packages (HDP)
- geophysical data and imagery.
You can access these NTGS products using the following systems and services:
- search, download and request NTGS products on GEMIS
- visit the InfoCentre or use the online request form for:
- printed geological maps
- printed stock of older products
- DVD products
- read the biannual printed product catalogue for:
- a list of the products
- index maps showing available NTGS maps, GIS datasets and geophysical data
- access commodity fact sheets and resource maps on the Resourcing the Territory website
- search and download geological and geophysical data through the online geoscience information systems.
For more information on the latest NTGS data and publications, go to the Resourcing the Territory website.
Geology and Mineral Resources of the Northern Territory
The Geology and Mineral Resources of the Northern Territory is an essential reference book that covers the:
- history of geology in the NT
- detailed studies of each geological region.
You can get email alerts of recently released geoscience products and related information through the NTGS Monthly Alert service.
The alerts are issued quarterly, but other updates may also be sent.
Subscribe to NTGS updates.
Last updated: 24 November 2020
Share this page: