Medicines and poisons: retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers

Register to manufacture medicines or poisons

You must be registered to manufacture medicines or poisons in the Northern Territory.

If you want to manufacture medicines or poisons, you must apply for a certificate of registration.

How to apply

To register as a manufacturer of scheduled medicines or poisons, follow the below steps:

Step 1. Fill in the application

Get the application for a manufacturer certificate of registration from NT Health ePublications.

Step 2. Attach supporting documents

You must provide all of the following with your application:

  • a plan and description of your premises and the security measures
  • information about how your records will be kept
  • details of procedures for labelling and packaging drugs and poisons.

Step 3. Pay the fee

The fee to get a manufacturer certificate of registration is at least $189.

This includes the application fee of $63 and the annual fee of $126.

You can register for 1, 2 or 3 years.

You can pay by cheque, money order or credit card.

Payments must be made to the Darwin Receiver of Territory Monies.

Step 4. Submit the application

Submit the application, supporting documents and a copy of your payment receipt by mail, email or fax to:

Medicines and Poisons
Department of Health
PO Box 40596
Casuarina NT 0811

Fax: 08 8922 7200.


You should renew your licence before the expiry date.

You can renew for 1, 2 or 3 years. The renewal fee is $126 per year.


You must follow the Australian Code of Good Wholesaling Practice for Medicines and the guidelines for labelling drugs and poisons.

For more information, go to the Australian Government's Department of Health Therapeutic Goods Administration website.

Read about storing medicines and poisons.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 01 July 2022

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!