NT totalisator licence
All on-course and on-premises betting in the Northern Territory (NT) is controlled by the NT Government through the awarding of a single totalisator licence.
The 20-year licence is held by UBET NT Pty Ltd - part of the Tatts Group. It was awarded in 2015.
About the licence
The licence gives UBET NT exclusive rights to operate a totalisator in the Territory and conduct retail betting on racing and sports through the totalisator.
The licence provides for UBET NT to do all of the following:
- establish and operate a totalisator in the NT
- conduct totalisator betting on a race or other permitted event, sport or activity inside or outside the NT
- provide betting facilities by people outside the Territory by means of a totalisator operating in the Territory
- deliver betting services through retail outlets, pubs and clubs.
The licence also requires UBET to do all of the following:
- provide significant funding to the thoroughbred and greyhound racing industries
- sponsor several major Territory events
- pay wagering tax and an annual licence fee
- refurbish and upgrade technology in all its retail agencies and pub, club and casino outlets.
UBET has seven retail shopfront agencies, three permanent on-course outlets - at Fannie Bay, Pioneer Park and Winnellie Park - and 40 outlets across the NT in hotels, clubs and casinos.
UBET ‘pools’ with Queensland, South Australia and Tasmania.
The operation of the totalisator is regulated through all the following acts and regulations, and overseen by Licensing NT.
Share this page:URL copied!