Do a traineeship
Traineeships combine employment and a nationally recognised qualification.
You can apply for the traineeship program if you:
- are 15 years old or will be by the time you start
- have not already completed a qualification at the same or higher level.
You can find out more about special measures on the Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment website.
Types of traineeships
- full time
- part time
- school-based if you are a current senior student.
There are many different pathways you can take.
These include training in:
- information, digital media and technology
- community services
- education support
How to apply
There are two application rounds each year.
Applications for school-based traineeships open between September and October. If selected for a position in this intake, you will start your traineeship at the beginning of the next school year.
Applications for the first intake of adult trainees open between April and May. If selected for a position in this intake, you will start in July.
Applications for the second intake of adult trainees open between October and November. If selected for a position in this intake, you will start in January.
Apply on the Northern Territory Government jobs website. Find the program details by searching for 'traineeship'.
- a resume with two referees
- your most recent school results (if under 21)
- any previous qualifications you have completed
- a declaration if you are eligible under special measures.
Last updated: 22 February 2022
Share this page:URL copied!