Pre-employment programs for Aboriginal jobseekers
Aboriginal jobseekers looking for work can apply for the Aboriginal Employment Program.
Programs are run across the Territory throughout the year.
Opportunities may be available across a range of Northern Territory (NT) Government departments.
- are an Aboriginal Australian living in the NT
- have basic computer skills
- have good written and verbal communication skills.
The program runs for 20 weeks and includes:
- structured work placements in NT Government departments
- a nationally recognised qualification
- a range of skill and personal development workshops.
You may be eligible for an allowance during the program.
After you finish the program
You will get a Certificate II in Business if you successfully finish.
Program graduates may be offered an employment contract and an opportunity to advance their career in government through a traineeship.
Apply on the Northern Territory Government jobs website.
You will need to attach:
- a resume with two referees
- your most recent school results (if under 21)
- any previous qualifications you have completed
- confirmation of Aboriginality from an appropriate community organisation (or provide proof of application before you start the program).
Last updated: 12 August 2019