Pre-employment programs for Aboriginal jobseekers
Aboriginal jobseekers looking for work can apply for the Aboriginal Employment Program.
Programs are run across the Territory throughout the year.
Opportunities may be available across a range of Northern Territory (NT) Government departments.
- are an Aboriginal Australian living in the NT
- have basic computer skills
- have good written and verbal communication skills.
The program runs for 20 weeks and includes:
- structured work placements in NT Government departments
- a nationally recognised qualification
- a range of skill and personal development workshops.
You may be eligible for an allowance during the program.
After you finish the program
You will get a Certificate II in Business if you successfully finish.
Program graduates may be offered an employment contract and an opportunity to advance their career in government through a traineeship.
Applications open several months before the planned commencement date of a program.
To apply, go to the Northern Territory Government jobs website. You can find the program details by searching for 'Aboriginal Employment Program'.
You will need to attach:
- a resume with two referees
- your most recent school results (if under 21)
- any previous qualifications you have completed
- confirmation of Aboriginality from an appropriate community organisation (or provide proof of application before you start the program).
You can do this using the contact details below.
Last updated: 29 October 2020
Share this page: