Work during your university break
The vacation program provides paid short-term employment for university students.
Employment is during semester breaks.
You can apply if you are enrolled in an Australian recognised university course either side of the break.
If you are in your final year you can find out about getting work after you graduate.
You can find out more about special measures on the Office of the Commissioner for Public Employment website.
What jobs are available
Positions can range from administrative to fieldwork in a range of government departments throughout the Northern Territory.
Wages start at the administrative officer 1 level.
You will gain skills such as:
- database maintenance
- working with legislation
- event coordination
- project work.
How to apply
Applications open twice a year to correspond with the mid-year and end of year university breaks.
The mid year intake opens between March and April.
The end of year intake opens between July and September.
Apply on the Northern Territory Government jobs website. Find the program details by searching for 'vacation'.
You will need to attach all of the below to your application.
- A resume with two referees.
- Your most recent Australian University results.
- Proof of enrolment either side of the semester break.
- Any previous qualifications you have completed.
- Proof of an appropriate visa if you aren't a permanent resident or Australian citizen.
- A declaration if you are eligible under special measures.
Last updated: 21 August 2019