Daguragu/Kalkarindji is located about 460 kilometres south-west of Katherine.
It has a population of 657 residents.
2017 jobs profile
The 2017 profile highlights:
- there were 145 filled jobs, of which:
- 96 jobs (66%) were filled by Aboriginal peoples - a decrease of 14 jobs from 2014
- 49 jobs (34%) were filled by non-Aboriginal peoples - a decrease of five jobs from 2014
- 42% of employed Aboriginal peoples are working in the private sector
- Aboriginal peoples made up 66% of job holders in the town compared to 67% in 2014
- Aboriginal females made up 47% of total Aboriginal filled jobs in the town compared to 54% in 2014
- there were 11 vacant jobs, of which:
- job vacancies as a percentage of jobs was up by 7% in 2017 from 6% in 2014
- job vacancies equate to one in 14 jobs
- eight of the vacancies were in the professional and community and personal service workers areas
- Public administration and safety industry continues to be the largest industry employer over the three survey periods. This is despite a decrease of 14 filled jobs compared to 2014.
- Training had an overall decrease in student numbers across the three survey periods, with a decrease of 18 students between 2016 and 2013.
- Building and construction was the largest training activity sector in 2016 - a training area not conducted in 2013 and 2010.
- Transport and storage, a new training activity in 2016, was delivered to three students - a training area not conducted in 2013 and 2010.
Read the full 2017 job profile report for Daguragu/Kalkarindji.
Past job profiles
The community workplace planning guide consists of tools and resources to assist service providers to overcome workforce challenges in remote Indigenous communities. Find out more about remote community workforce plans.
The community workplace planning guide can be used with the workforce planning template for Daguragu/Kalkarindji . This template is populated with data from the 2014 remote town job profiles.
Last updated: 26 February 2019
Share this page: