Ali Curung is located about 390 kilometres north of Alice Springs and 170 kilometres south of Tennant Creek.
It has a population of 563 residents.
2017 jobs profile
The 2017 profile highlights:
- there were 77 filled jobs, of which:
- 48 jobs (62%) were filled by Aboriginal peoples - a decrease of 24 jobs from 2014
- 29 jobs (38%) were filled by non-Aboriginal peoples - a decrease of two jobs from 2014
- 38% of employed Aboriginal peoples are working in the public sector
- Aboriginal peoples made up 62% of job holders in the town compared to 70% in 2014
- Aboriginal females made up 46% of total Aboriginal filled jobs in the town compared to 51% in 2014
- there were 20 vacant jobs, of which:
- job vacancies as a percentage of jobs increased to 21% in 2017 from 9% in 2014
- job vacancies equate to one in five jobs
- 15 of the vacancies were in the professional, clerical and administrative and labour areas
- Public administration and safety industry continues to be the largest industry employer over the three survey periods. This is despite a decrease of 11 filled jobs compared to 2014.
- Training had an overall increase in student numbers across the three survey periods.
- Building and construction was the largest training activity sector, followed by arts, entertainment, sports and recreation.
- New training activities in 2016, process manufacturing and transport, and storage were delivered to six and eight students respectively. These two training areas were not delivered in 2013 and 2010.
Read the full 2017 job profile report for Ali Curung.
Past job profiles
The community workplace planning guide consists of tools and resources to assist service providers to overcome workforce challenges in remote Aboriginal communities. Find out more about remote community workforce plans.
The community workplace planning guide can be used with the workforce planning template for Ali Curung . This template is populated with data from the 2014 remote town job profiles.
Last updated: 26 February 2019