Funding to upskill or reskill employees
You may be eligible for funding to upskill or reskill existing workers as part of the Industry Buildskills Program.
The Industry Buildskills Program targets Northern Territory (NT) jobs that have been affected by:
- industry restructuring
- regulation and legislative changes
- new or additional licensing requirements
- job shortages.
Applicants must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have been operating for at least one year.
You can apply for funding if you are based in the NT and one of the following:
- an industry association
- a business cohort (group of employers)
- a business operating in partnership with a training organisation.
Grants are not available to:
- sole business operators, or
- government agencies.
To be successful your project or initiative must contribute to:
- higher level qualifications in occupations or industry sectors affected by new or emerging legislative change or national codes of practice
- training and/or assessment activities leading to a qualification required by industry in designated occupations
- training and/or assessment that will increase the skills of Territorians in areas of demonstrated skills needs and/or for priority industries
- ‘gap training’ to complete Certificate III and above qualifications via Recognition of Prior Learning and/or delivery of small skills sets
- cross sector workforce development strategies lead by industry
- training that leads to greater local employment and employment opportunities
- support for major projects and regional development
- nationally recognised training, including skill sets, unit of competency and non-accredited training (on a case by case basis)
- licences where there has been a recent legislative or regulatory change.
Last updated: 14 September 2021
Share this page:URL copied!