Get a workwear and workgear bonus
If you are a first-year apprentice or trainee in the Northern Territory (NT) you can apply for $300 or $1,000 in funding to buy workwear and equipment.
Who can apply
You can claim the bonus if you are all of the following:
- a full-time, part-time or school-based apprentice or trainee in your first year
- have a registered NT training contract that is dated less than one year from the date you make a claim
- are enrolled in a Certificate II qualification or above included in the list of eligible qualifications
- are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen who has lived in Australia for six months or more
- have not received the bonus before, even if it was for a different apprenticeship or traineeship.
To find out what level of bonus you can claim check the qualifications attracting incentives in the NT.
Before you apply
You must also have worked as an apprentice or trainee for at least three months.
Read more about training contracts and how to get an apprenticeship or traineeship.
How to apply
If approved, the funds will be transferred to your bank account.
Tax payable on this bonus
The workwear and workgear bonus must be included as income on your tax return at the end of the financial year.
Keep your receipts for work wear and work gear as you may be able to claim work-related tax deductions from the Australian Tax Office.
Last updated: 27 June 2017