Number plates: apply or transfer plates
Apply to buy souvenir plates
Souvenir plates are number plates that:
- are no longer assigned to a registered vehicle
- have been handed in by the owner.
The plates are a souvenir only and must not be fixed to a vehicle for use as registration plates.
Before you apply
You will need to fill in and submit an R30 form Application for souvenir plates .
Souvenir plates are sold subject to the following conditions:
- only same day surrendered general issue Northern Territory car, motorcycle and trailer plates are available for sale.
- only one number plate from each set will be sold.
All of the following souvenir plates are not for sale:
- NT Centenary of Federation (all)
- World War II
- Bicentennial (all)
- special event
- special series
- explorer (all)
- NT Government (all)
- pastoral (all)
- personalised or particular (all)
- regional (all)
- NT commercial passenger vehicle (all)
- special purpose vehicle.
How to apply
You can apply in person at a MVR office. You can pay your fee by MasterCard, Visa, BasicsCard, cash or EFTPOS.
To find out more contact the MVR.
For more information get a copy of V24 Vehicle number plates
Last updated: 10 October 2017
Share this page: