Vehicle standards for CPVs
Assessment of taxis
All vehicle models are initially assessed for their suitability to operate as a taxi.
A factory standard or unmodified production vehicle that is fitted with an Australian compliance plate may be approved for use provided the vehicle meets all of the following:
- complies with the in-service maintenance standards for that type of vehicle
- passes the commercial passenger vehicle standards inspection
- the intent of the single uniform type inspection (SUTI).
A single uniform type inspection will be required for any:
- modified or imported vehicle
- or vehicle without an Australian compliance plate.
Last updated: 19 January 2016
Share this page: