Advisory council for senior Territorians
The Minister’s Advisory Council for Senior Territorians provides a voice for Northern Territory (NT) seniors on issues of interest through high level and strategic advice to the government.
The council provides effective links between government and NT seniors to improve policy outcomes. The Minister for Territory Families chairs the council.
What the council does
The council is responsible for:
- advising the Minister on matters of interest including emerging issues facing NT seniors
- exploring and discussing how service providers can meet community needs
- discussing ideas that promote awareness of the positive aspects of ageing to the community
- promoting active participation of senior Territorians in all aspects of life in the NT
- directing tasks to working groups as determined to address specific issues
- meeting three times a year.
Membership on the council is voluntary.
Members are selected based on skills, knowledge, experience and broader community participation or representation.
Members may also participate in council sub-committees and working groups.
For more information, contact the Office of Senior Territorians by calling (08) 8999 3894 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 27 June 2017