Support services for parents, families and young people

Legal services

If you need legal resources or support you can contact the following organisations. Read more about your rights, crime and the law.

Anti-discrimination Commission
Public education and training, handling complaints and community engagement regarding individual rights and responsibilities.
Phone: 1800 813 846

Australian Human Rights Commission
Promotion and protection of human rights in Australia, including sexual orientation, gender identity and intersex status.

Information about entitlements to financial support, including young people becoming independent.

Child Support Agency
Information, resources and referrals regarding social and health-related payments and services.
Phone: 131 272

Family Court of Australia
Assistance to resolve complex legal family disputes, including separation and divorce, parenting and domestic and family violence issues.

Family Relationships Online
Information and support for children, young people, parents, grandparents and carers about family relationship issues including building better relationships, family dispute resolution and arrangements for children post-separation.
Phone: 1800 050 321

Legal information for children and young people

NT Children’s Commissioner
Deals with complaints about services provided to vulnerable children.
Phone: 1800 259 256

NT Legal Aid Commission
Legal advice and information.
Phone: 1800 019 343

Working with children clearance
Information on the Northern Territory's Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card) for people who work or volunteer in child-related work.
Phone: 1800 SAFE NT (1800 72 33 68)

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 05 December 2017

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!