General grants for women
If you have a project that will improve the social, political, economic or civil status of women in the Northern Territory (NT) you can apply for a general grant of up to $5,000.
The General Grants program of the Office of Gender Equity and Diversity offers two funding rounds each year.
When you can apply
Round one is open from July to December.
Round two is open from January to May.
Who can apply
To apply, you must be:
- an NT resident if applying as an individual
- an organisation based and registered in the NT.
You must also:
- show you can manage the project and funds
- outline how you will contribute to the project through funding or support.
Projects that are allowed
Your project must do at least two of the following:
- improve women’s economic security
- improve women’s safety
- improve women’s health and wellbeing
- promote women in leadership and decision making.
Your project must also do all of the following:
- have identifiable objectives and outcomes
- have an itemised budget
- include an outline of the plans for promoting the activity
- demonstrate a need for assistance
- be completed within the nominated time frame.
Examples of projects that may get funding
Your project could:
- promote gender equality
- promote women’s safety
- celebrate women’s diversity and achievements
- promote women’s health and wellbeing
- encourage women in leadership roles
- build capacity within women’s groups
- encourage women and girls to reach their full potential.
Examples of projects that will not get funding
Grants will not be given for projects that involve any of the following:
- political activities
- commercial or business activities
- the purchase of capital equipment (including hardware or software)
- services already running
- profit-making projects
- real estate purchase
- deficit budgets
- wages for staff
- management or administration fees
- printing and stationery costs
- projects that are the same as existing events.
Before you apply
Read the detailed guidelines, including the conditions of grant.
How to apply
To apply follow these steps.
Step 1. Fill in the general grant application form.
Step 2. Submit your form in person, by mail or email:
Office of Gender Equity and Diversity
6th Floor Darwin Plaza
41 Smith Street
Darwin NT 0801
PO Box 37037
Winnellie NT 0820
For help filling in your application form or for more information on how to submit your application
call (08) 8999 8373.
After you apply
The Office of Gender Equity and Diversity will send you a letter to let you know that your application has been received.
It can take up to six weeks for your application to be assessed.
The Office of Gender Equity and Diversity will then write to you again to let you know if your application for a grant is successful.
If you are successful you will have to sign a grant agreement.
This means you must complete the project funded by the grant under law.
When your project has finished
You must send all of the following documents to the Office of Gender Equity and Diversity within six weeks of your event finishing:
- a written evaluation
- copies of promotional material
- receipts and invoices
- a grant acquittal form:
For more information contact the Office of Gender Equity and Diversity on (08) 8999 8373 or email@example.com