Community benefit fund: major community events grant
Conditions you need to know
This page provides information about the conditions you need to know to apply for a major community events grant.
If you want to apply for major community events grants in the Northern Territory (NT), you must be an NT based non-profit community organisation.
You must be incorporated under one of the following:
- the Associations Act (NT)
- the Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth)
- the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Commonwealth)
- any other Act of Parliament.
Organisations must be not-for-profit and have a physical presence in the NT.
You must be compliant with all reporting requirements relevant to the Act under which you are incorporated.
If you are registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC), you must be compliant with their reporting requirements.
Who can't apply
You can't apply for a major community events grants if you are:
- an individual
- an organisation licensed to operate electronic gaming machines
- a body corporate or similar
- a government or semi-government organisation like a hospital, library, municipal council or regional council
- a public or private school - including primary, secondary and tertiary institutions
- a school affiliate or auxiliary body like a school council
- a research foundation or trust
- an association that is not compliant with your reporting obligations under the Act under which you are incorporated or to ACNC if applicable.
You also cannot apply if you have:
- an outstanding acquittal from a previous CBF grant
- you have an active major community events grant with the CBF.
Applications that support the growth of the NT and use local suppliers and contractors in the process of completing the grant.
You can only submit one application per funding year.
You cannot have any active major community events grants with the community benefit fund (CBF) already.
You can apply for a major community events grant to cover:
- advertising and promotion costs
- equipment costs
- performance costs
- operational or administrative costs - up to a maximum of 30% of the amount requested and/or
- any other cost specifically related to the conducting of a major community event.
You can't apply for major community events grants funding for any of the following:
- operational or administrative expenses greater than 30%
- any purpose not related to conducting a major community event.
The following won't be funded:
- events that don't have significant community reach or involvement
- events that aren't consistent with fund objectives
- events that may be considered inappropriate or offensive
- events that are political or religious
- events that may negatively impact business or compete with local commercial activities
Events that start before your grant is approved will not be funded.
Do not purchase goods, services or equipment included in your application until you have received formal funding approval.
Multiple applications are not permitted for major community events grants.
You can only submit one major community events grants application per round.
The CBF committee will consider previously awarded grants in its assessment
They will also consider the spread and benefit of the grants throughout the community.
Any organisation with overdue acquittals will not be eligible for further grants until the acquittals are completed.
Last updated: 31 January 2020
Share this page: