Community benefit fund: gambling research grants
Who can apply
If you want to apply for the gambling research grants in the Northern Territory (NT) you must be a:
- higher education institution
- reputable and recognised research facility.
You cannot have any outstanding acquittals with the community benefit fund (CBF).
How often can you apply
You can only apply for one round of gambling research grants each year.
You need to submit your application before 30 August each year.
You can conduct research projects outside of the round only if the CBF has identified a need.
What you can apply for
You can only use this grant funding to support gambling related research projects.
The amount of funding for individual research activities is limited by the available budget and priority needs. Contact the CBF by calling 1300 650 153 to discuss priority needs.
If your grant is for more than $100,000 or twelve months in duration, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- the project is a partnership between two or more organisations
- the project covers a wide geographic area or has peculiar methodological demands
- the project will bring substantial benefit to the whole community.
The program may support collaborative research with other funding bodies. You must be able to clearly demonstrate how specific CBF components or demands will be accounted for.
Last updated: 31 August 2018
Share this page:URL copied!